A Part-Time CIO is an affordable and flexible leadership offering designed for organizations who cannot justify a full-time salaried Technology Leader.
A part-time / fractional CIO is vested in the growing success of your organization. They provide the same level of expertise and senior leadership as a full-time employee without the overhead.
Whether planned or not, an Interim Technology Leader can fill the gap for organizations of any size who are in between leaders due to special assignments, leave of absence, retirement or departure, or needs a boost in capacity and know-how.
Whether it's bridging the gap or boosting capacity, our Interim CIO offering keeps your projects and initiatives moving forward.
Feeling uncertain about something? Possibly in over your head? Looking for advice and guidance?
Assessments, Purchasing & RFP's, Project Reviews, Governance & Risk...
Access a CIO's experience and know-how when you need it most.
Our popular 'Technology Assessment by Technology Leaders' provides organizations a quick understanding of your current technology landscape as it relates to your business, and a valuable understanding and go forward direction.
Roles & Responsibilities of a CIO:
A CIO oversees all facets of your organizations Technology portfolio. What that entails is unique to every organization and industry, but will generally include:
· Technology vision and roadmapping
· Trusted advice, due diligence & decision making
· Security and disaster planning
· Developing needed processes, policies and procedures
· Succession planning
· Innovates and transforms
· Mentoring technology staff and technology management
· Presenting recommendations
· Change management & execution
· Vendor management and negotiation
· Contract & RFP management
· Budgeting & cost management, OPEX and CAPEX
· Governance & risk management including Cyber Security, privacy controls and compliance
· Trusted advisor to the Board
Impact of a CIO:
The value a CIO can deliver is unique to every organization and industry as well, but will likely include:
· Manage technology spend and maximize the value of your technology investments
· Improve both the customer and employee experience
· Improve, streamline and automate business processes
· Manage risk
· Capitalize on data
· Pursue innovative and transformational opportunities to grow business
· Gets things done!
Does your company need a CIO?
Regardless of what industry you are in, technology plays a vital role in todays business. And it's continually evolving leading to new opportunities and challenges. Surprisingly, however, too many organizations try to conduct business without anyone leading one of their most important functions.
A strong Part-Time, Interim and Consulting CIO should demonstrate that they are accessible and part of the team. They should be eager to participate in leadership discussions and planning. They should be independent, impartial and agnostic to not be tied to any other products or offerings but should have strong relationships with the leading technology providers to assure organizations get access to the best services and solutions they require.